Romney Calls Republican Governors Moral Failures For Failing to Lower Their Unemployment Rateson June 9th, 2012 at 4:01 am
Of the states with the worst unemployment rates in America, two-thirds of them have Republican governors. On Thursday, Mitt Romney basically called these Republican state governors moral failures for failing to lift their states out of poverty. Romney said,
“It is is not just a failure of policy; it is a moral failure of tragic proportions. Our government has an absolute moral commitment to help every American help themselves and today, that fundamental commitment has been broken.” Read more at C-SPAN
Republican governors have a terrible record in producing jobs and lowering their state’s unemployment rates. While they’d like to blame the President for their failures, people just aren’t buying it. These Republican governors all stress state’s rights and personal accountability, and so it’s time they stand up and take responsibility for their dismal economic numbers. Here are the worst of the worst.
50. Nevada has the worst unemployment rate in the country at 11.7% thanks to Republican governor Brian Sandoval.
49. Rhode Island is second at 11.2%, former Republican governor Lincoln Chaffee is in charge.
46. New Jersey is struggling. Republican governor Chris Christie isn’t bragging too much with unemployment at 9.1%.
45. Georgia’s Republican governor Nathan Dale stewards over an 8.9% unemployment rate.
44. South Carolina’s Republican governor Nikki Haley doesn’t look so great with 8.8% unemployment.
41. Mississippi’s 8.7% rate trails most of the nation thanks to Republican governor Phil Bryant.
41. Florida’s Republican governor Rick Scott has been busy kicking citizens off the voter rolls, maybe his time would be better spent bringing his unemployment rate down from 8.7%.
37. Michigan under Republican Rick Snyder has benefitted from President Obama’s economic decisions regarding the automobile industry, yet it’s unemployment rate hovers at 8.3%
36. Arizona’s Republican governor Jan Brewer wants to blame her failures in office on illegal immigrants. That would be a moral failure. Her state is at 8.2%.
33. Indiana’s Republican governor Mitch Daniels is on Romney’s v.p. short list, but does Romney really want a moral failure whose state’s unemployment rate is 7.9%?
32. Tennessee under the guidance of Republican governor Bill Haslam can’t seem to get unemployment below 7.8%.
30. Idaho has an unemployment rate of 7.7%. Republican governor Butch Otter would like to blame somebody else, but he’s the moral failure in charge.
28. Pennsylavania and its 7.4% unemployment rate is due to Republican governor Tom Corbett’s immoral economic policies.
28. Ohio’s Republican governor John Kasich is behind his state’s 7.4% unemployment rate. That would be a “breach of trust” with the people of Ohio, don’t you think?
24. Maine’s Republican Tea Party governor Paul LePage misleads the state to a 7.2% unemployment rate.
24. Alabama always seems to have a Republican governor and Robert Bentley is no exception. He leads a state struggling with 7.2% unemployment.
23. Louisiana under Republican governor Bobby Jindal fails Mitt Romney’s standards of morality by keeping unemployment at 7.1%.
20. Texas’ Republican governor Rick Perry seem not to care about his 6.9% unemployment rate.
20. New Mexico’s Republican Governor Susana Martinez has an unemployment rate of 6.9%. Doesn’t she care about the unemployed?
20. Alaska, with all it’s natural resources, still has an unemployment rate of 6.9% under Republican governor Sean Parnell.
Those are the states with the worst unemployment rates, two out of three of them have Republican governors.