Are Mitt Romney’s Corporate Friends Deliberately Firing People?on June 3rd, 2012 at 2:34 pm
- Last month, Goldman Sachs started cutting an estimated 2400 jobs. Goldman Sachs is one of Romney’s top donors.
- Hewlett-Packard announces plan to slash 27,000 jobs. CEO Meg Whitman is one of Mitt Romney’s biggest fundraisers and finance chairman of Romney’s 2008 failed candidacy.
- Best Buy, always a big donor to Republican causes, closes 50 stores.
- Despite strong numbers, Cisco has been one of the few in the tech sector laying people off. The head of Cisco, John Chambers, is a big Romney supporter.
- Bank of America, which has given hundreds of thousands of dollars to Romney, is in the process of cutting more than 30,000 jobs.
- PepsiCo has always tilted to the Republican Party, cut 8,700 jobs this year.
- Koch Industries, owed by Charles and David Koch, has gone on a firing binge. “Koch-owned companies Georgia-Pacific Corp., Invista and Flint Hills Resources have cut or plan to cut at least 2,000 jobs.” The Koch brothers are presently shutting down factories all across America.